Sunday 4 December 2016

I'm Silently Correcting You're, Errrm, Your Grammar

Wow, did anybody say "update"? ... Okay, I guess nobody said that. But I still have some catching up to do, so here you go! :) I'm afraid I cannot show you my latest children's book illustrations just yet - however, there's still some stuff I need to upload here.

If you're a frequent visitor of my blog, you might know that I have been working closely together with my favourite coffee bar in town (No, I'm not only saying that because we're teaming up!): Le Mustache in Leuven! If you're not a frequent visitor of my blog, you should really get your lazy butt to Le Mustache, order a Hippolatte, and then we'll talk again.

Anyway! At the beginning of KU Leuven's academic year, it is always important for shops and bars in Leuven to attract brand-new customers (Read: young, innocent students). Last year, Le Mustache and I joined forces to create two cartoon ads: one for Groep T, and one for the faculty of Psychology. The illustrations were very well received, so I got to make a new one this year. :D In fact, this time, the cartoon was addressed at students from the Arts faculty - and that's my faculty! I couldn't help but make fun of the erroneous spelling and grammatical gender of La Moustache: we are language students, after all. And in case you were wondering, Le Mustache's spelling is obviously a silly joke! :)

I hope you like it!

Leen

KU Leuven Arts Faculty Advertisement, September 2016
Paint Tool Sai

No comments:

Post a Comment