Sunday 12 March 2017

Fabled! You're Looking Quite Healy! *

(* Quote by my friend Meezel "Pauline" Moke.)

Hi, guys! You've already seen some of the progress pictures of my Thyrus weapon, but it's about time to show you the final result. :D Ta-dah, here are some pictures of my White Mage cosplay! That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I have been healing and raising people at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest in Frankfurt and at the Made in Asia convention in Brussels... Okay, maybe I have not actually been healing and raising people, but some of them played along quite well! ;)

As you might notice, I decided to buy a new wig after the Fan Fest took place, because the blonde one seemed a bit too fake in natural light. The pink hair looks much better on me, don't you think? Who am I kidding, I'd love to have pink hair in real life!

Overall, I really enjoyed wearing this cosplay and stabbing random strangers with my Thyrus (I know, that's not what a White Mage is supposed to do, but I really had some epic fights out there!). The white robe is even quite comfy, thanks to the hard work of my mother and grandmother. Without their help, I would have been a naked White Mage with a cute wig and a cool Thyrus, and I don't think anyone was waiting for that to happen... Right?

I had a lot of fun with my friends at the Fan Fest, and I can't wait for the Stormblood expansion to release!


White Mage 1.0 at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest, Frankfurt. My boyfriend and I managed to take a picture with FFXIV composer Masayoshi Soken. He has the best smile!
February 2017


White Mage 2.0 at Made In Asia, Brussels. My friend Sterre wore a really cute hand-made Ash cosplay! Unfortunately, the Pikachu refused to sit on her shoulder. :(
March 2017


White Mage 2.0 at Made in Asia, Brussels.
March 2017


This picture was taken by C-Flash Ninja. Check out his Facebook page!
March 2017

Oh, before I forget... Since we're talking about the Fan Fest, there's one more important thing that I should mention! Remember that one drawing I made for the Art Contest? Well, drum roll, my illustration made it into the top 10 again! Mission accomplished. I felt so proud when I noticed that people were taking pictures of my digital painting in the Art Gallery. Feels a bit surreal, you know? :D The winner of the contest has not yet been announced, but the other entries were simply stunning, and some of them really deserve the first prize more than I do! As one of the finalists, I received a really cute, limited-edition kitten hat for my character in Final Fantasy XIV, and that's basically all I ever wanted. ;)

See you soon!

Leen


A print of my digital illustration in the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest Art Gallery in Frankfurt.
February 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment